Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What happens when you're here not there?

When the idea of starting my own blog came about, I never thought I'd have the urge to share my deepest struggles and insecurities. But here I am ready to allow my readers to get to know me a little better ( and throughout time, I will share more.) But for the moment, I want to talk about being here and now, in my mid-twenties and suddenly feeling overwhelmed by loneliness and the inability to shake it off. I've realized that loneliness does not always come from actually being alone (although being alone is extremely lonely sometimes,) however, it can be there if you're with people too. I am surrounded by people who love and care about me, so why can't I shake this uncomfortable feeling?
I spend almost the entire day just thinking, thinking, and thinking. About who I am, who I was, and who I want to be. I recently read a blogpost by an amazing blogger named Colormenana and she wrote about being 25 yrs old and going through some not so great moments of feeling lost. I loved her post because it reassured me that "this too shall pass," and that I am not alone in this. I was raised knowing about faith and practicing it in times of trouble and tribulation, but its safe to say that God does not always show up when you ask, He shows up when it's time, And sometimes that's not so easy to accept. I once heard that life is not about waiting for relief, or a get out of jail free card, or waiting for a prince to come rescue you on a horse, but that its about making it happen on your own, working hard for what you want. But if you're like me, I grow impatient and I want results like NOW!
So, why would I, a new blogger, post about something so personal? Already? I don't know. Maybe it's because I know I am not alone and I want to encourage my readers to stay strong because being 25 years old is not all parties, booze, and making bad decisions. Being a young adult is hard, really hard. So make sure to live in the moment and surround yourself with great people, beautiful people, that will teach you to relax and enjoy the chaos. So friends, here are a few pictures that have been encouraging me lately, hope they do the same for you :-)












1 comment: